Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Insert Witty Title Here

It's good to know that I'm helping provide entertainment as Laurie noted. We're trying to keep things fun. It's not hard to do given the overall vibe here. There's more positive energy here than I've ever experienced at any professional development conference in my meager 13 years of teaching.

I don't even know where to begin to summarize the past 48 hours here at Confratute. I had a general idea of what to expect and knew that it was going to be a whirlwind but wonderful week. I was genuinely excited to have the opportunity to learn directly from some of the people whose research I studied during my graduate courses in gifted education. Dr. Renzulli and Dr. Gentry were among some of the first "GT gurus" whose work helped shape my core beliefs as an educator of gifted children. To be here with them is beyond incredible for me. And the best thing? They talk and share with us as peers, not high and mighty researchers with PhD's who are so mentally removed from the classroom that they can't relate to our day to day struggles and triumphs. It makes me respect them and their work even more than I already did.

I really have more to say about a couple of the specific strands (workshops/sessions) that I have been attending but I just don't have it in me to rifle through my notes at the moment. Hopefully more of you will have the opportunity to come to Confratute next year and you will understand how desperately tired you are by the end of the day. I promise that I will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment